Preventing Blocked Drains: There are several ways to prevent drains from becoming blocked, which increase the longevity of your pipes while reducing the risk of smelly blockages.
• Avoid washing down large particle food items ‘ rather place scraps in the bin
• Do not put greasy food items such as cooking oils and animal fats down the drain
• Avoid washing paper items down the drain as these can take years to disintegrate
• Do not put any foreign objects down the drain ‘ sanitary wear, baby wipes, tissues and clothing items should go in the bin, not the drain
• Avoid clogging the drain with hair, sawdust, metal filings and chemical slurries
• Check outside drains to make sure leaves and other garden debris is not causing a blockage